Abbreviations:CDC (Centers for Disease Control), CIF (Cumulative Incidence Functions), DSA (Donation Service Area), HRSA (Health Resources and Services Administration), O/E (Observed/Expected), OPO (Organ Procurement Organization), SRTR (Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients), TSAM (Thoracic Simulated Allocation Model)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation
OPTN/UNOS Thoracic Organ Transplantation Committee. Proposal to modify the adult heart allocation system. Available at: https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/media/2006/thoracic_brief_201612.pdf. Accessed January 17, 2022.
- Changes in the United States adult heart allocation policy: challenges and opportunities.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2020; 13e005795
- A change of heart: Preliminary results of the US 2018 adult heart allocation revision.Am J Transplant. 2020; 20: 2781-2790
- An early investigation of outcomes with the new 2018 donor heart allocation system in the United States.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2020; 39: 1-4
- Evolving trends in adult heart transplant with the 2018 heart allocation policy change.JAMA Cardiol. 2021; 6: 159-167
- Between-center variation in high-priority listing status under the new heart allocation policy.Am J Transplant. 2021; 21: 3684-3693
- A challenge to equity in transplantation: Increased center-level variation in short-term mechanical circulatory support use in the context of the updated U.S. heart transplant allocation policy.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healun.2021.09.004
US Census Bureau. County population by characteristics: 2010-2019. Available at: https://www.census.gov/data/tables/time-series/demo/popest/2010s-counties-detail.html. 2021. Accessed January 11, 2022.
U.S. Department of Agriculture. County-level data sets. Available at: https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/county-level-data-sets/. Accessed January 11, 2022.
Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients. OPO-specific reports. Available at: https://www.srtr.org/reports/opo-specific-reports/. Accessed May 7, 2021.
- Nonparametric estimation from incomplete observations.J Am Stat Assoc. 1958; 53: 457
- Nonparametric estimation of partial transition probabilities in multiple decrement models.Ann Stat. 1978; 6: 534-545
- ECFR:: 42 CFR part 121 – organ procurement and transplantation network.1998 (Available at)Accessed January 18, 2022)
- Thoracic Simulated Allocation Modeling (TSAM) of broader sharing. [abstract].Am J Transplant. 2016; 16 (Available at)https://atcmeetingabstracts.com/abstract/thoracic-simulated-allocation-modeling-tsam-of-broader-sharing/
- One-year outcomes following heart transplantation under the new donor heart allocation system in the United States.Circ Heart Fail. 2021; 14e007754
- Medicare and medicaid programs; organ procurement organizations conditions for coverage: revisions to the outcome measure requirements for organ procurement organizations.Fed Regist. 2020; 85 (Accessed January 18, 2022): 77898-77949
- Assessment of national organ donation rates and organ procurement organization metrics.JAMA Surg. 2021; 156: 173-180