Abbreviations:OPTN (Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network), DMG (Donor Management Goals), UNOS (United Organ for Organ Sharing), DTCP (Donation and Transplantation Community of Practice), HRSA (Human Resources and Services Administration), P:F (ratio of the pressure of arterial oxygen to fraction of inspired oxygen), OPO (organ procurement organization), OTPD (organs transplanted per donor)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation
Available at: https://unos.org/data/transplant-trends. Accessed April 7, 2021 and June 13, 2022.
- Pediatric lung allocation: the rest of the story.Am J Transplant. 2014; 14: 11-12
- State of the science in deceased organ donor management.Curr Transplant Rep. 2018; 5: 273-281
- Optimization of donor management goals yields increased organ use.Am Surg. 2010; 76: 587-594
- Active donor management during the hospital phase of care is associated with more organs transplanted per donor.J Am Coll Surg. 2017; 225: 525-531
- Pediatric donor management goals in use by US organ procurement organizations.Prog Transplant. 2019; 29: 150-157
- Engaging the third estate: the transplant growth and management collaborative.Prog Transplant. 2009; 19: 235-242
- Achieving donor mangement goals before deceased donor procurement is associated with more organs transplanted per donor.J Trauma. 2011; 71: 990-996
Private communication from DJ Malinoski, medical director, DMG.
- The impact of meeting donor management goals on the number of organs transplanted per expanded criteria donor: a prospective study from the UNOS Region 5 Donor Managemment Goals Workgroup.J Am Coll Surg. 2017; 225: 525-531
- Deceased organ donor factors influencing pancreatic graft transplantation and survival.Clin Transplant. 2019; 33: e13571
- The impact of meeting donor management goals on the development of delayed graft function in kidney transplant recipients.Am J Transplant. 2013; 13: 993-1000
- Impact of deceased donor management on donor heart use and recipient graft survival.J Am Coll Surg. 2020; 231: 351-360
- Critical care and ventilatory management of deceased organ donors impact lung use and recipient graft survival.Am J Transplant. 2021; 21: 4003-4011
- Lung focused resuscitation at a specialized donor care facility improves lung procurement rates.Ann Thorac Surg. 2018; : 1531-1563
- An intensive lung donor treatment protocol does not have a negative influence on other grafts: a multicenter study.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016; 49: 1719-1724
- Evaluation and management of the potential lung donor.Clin Chest Med. 2017; 38: 751-759
- Pediatric organ transplantation needs organ donation best practices.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2006; 160: 468-472
Melicoff E, Heinle JS, McKenzie ED, Schrader AL, Hosek KE, Mallory GB. Improved outcomes with infants and young children undergoing lung transplantation at three years of age and younger [e-pub ahead of print], Ann Am Thorac Soc, doi:10.1513/AnnalsATS.202202-093OC, accessed December 20, 2022.
- Is lung transplantation survival better in infants?.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2013; 32: 44-49
- Pediatric lung transplantation as standard of care.Clin Transplant. 2021; 35: e14126
- Case 4-2017. A 2-month-old girl with growth retardation and respiratory failure.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 562-574
- The management of the pediatric organ donor to optimize lung donation.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2009; 44: 536-546
- Organ donation folloing circulatory determination of death.Pediatr Crit Care. 2018; 19: S26-S32
- Management of the potential organ donor in the ICU.Crit Care Med. 2015; 43: 1291-1325
- Variation in pediatric organ donor management practices among US organ procurement organizations.Prog Transplant. 2018; 28: 4-11
- Vital role of medical examiners and coroners in organ transplantation.Am J Transplant. 2003; 4: 160-168
- Technique for prolonged normothermic ex vivo lung perfusion.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2008; 27: 1319-1325