Acronyms:BiVAD (biventricular assist device), BMI (body mass index), CI (cardiac index), HR (hazard ratio), IABP (intra-aortic balloon pump), IQR (interquartile range), LVAD (left ventricular assist device), PCWP (pulmonary capillary wedge pressure), RVAD (right ventricular assist device), SBP (systolic blood pressure), STROBE (Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology), TAH (total artificial heart), tMCS (temporary mechanical circulatory support), UNOS (United Network for Organ Sharing), U.S. (United States), VT/VF (ventricular tachycardia and ventricular fibrillation.)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation
OPTN/UNOS. OPTN Policies effective as of April 28, 2022. Available at: https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/media/eavh5bf3/optn_policies.pdf.
- Update to an early investigation of outcomes with the new 2018 donor heart allocation system in the United States.J Heart Lung Transpl. 2020; 39: 725-726
- Changing demographics, temporal trends in waitlist, and posttransplant outcomes after heart transplantation in the United States: analysis of the UNOS database 1991-2019.Circ Heart Fail. 2021; 14e008764
- Outcomes in the 2018 UNOS donor heart allocation system: a perspective on disparate analyses.J Heart Lung Transpl. 2020; 39: 1191-1194
- Trends in mechanical support use as a bridge to adult heart transplant under new allocation rules.JAMA Cardiol. 2020; 5: 728-729
- Practice changes at U.S. transplant centers after the new adult heart allocation policy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 75: 2906-2916
- Impact of UNOS allocation policy changes on utilization and outcomes of patients bridged to heart transplant with intra-aortic balloon pump.Clin Transpl. 2022; 36: e14533
- Strengthening the reporting of observational studies in epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.BMJ. 2007; 335: 806-808
- A tutorial on multilevel survival analysis: methods, models and applications.Int Stat Rev. 2017; 85: 185-203
- Introduction to the analysis of survival data in the presence of competing risks.Circulation. 2016; 133: 601-609
- Changes in United States heart allocation: a community energized to improve policy.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016; 152: 1484-1486
- Use of impella in patients listed for heart transplantation.ASAIO J. 2022; 68: 786-790
OPTN/UNOS. OPTN final rule. Available at: https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/about/final-rule/.