Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation
- Seventh INTERMACS annual report: 15,000 patients and counting.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2015; 34: 1495-1504
- Artificial lung: bench toward bedside.ASAIO J. 2004; 50: 2-5
- The ALIEN study: incidence and outcome of acute respiratory distress syndrome in the era of lung protective ventilation.Intensive Care Med. 2011; 37: 1932-1941
- Mechanical ventilation as a therapeutic tool to reduce ARDS incidence.Chest. 2015; 48: 1396-1404
- Contemporary extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for adult respiratory failure: life support in the new era.Intensive Care Med. 2011; 38: 210-220
- Ambulatory extracorporeal membrane oxygenation: a new approach for bridge-to-lung transplantation.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010; 139: 137-139
- Artificial lungs: are we there yet?.Thorac Surg Clin. 2015; 25: 107-113
- ECMO as bridge to lung transplant.Thorac Surg Clin. 2015; 25: 17-25
- Skeletal muscle force and functional exercise tolerance before and after lung transplantation: a cohort study.Am J Transplant. 2008; 8: 1275-1281
- First experience with the new portable extracorporeal membrane oxygenation system Cardiohelp for severe respiratory failure in adults.Perfusion. 2012; 27: 150-155
- Evolution of the extracorporeal life support circuitry.Artif Organs. 2010; 34: 869-873
- Wang-Zwische double lumen cannula—toward a percutaneous and ambulatory paracorporeal artificial lung.ASAIO J. 2008; 54: 606-611
- Early mobilization of LVAD recipients who require prolonged mechanical ventilation.Tex Heart Inst J. 2006; 33: 130-133
- Mobilization of patients on venovenous extracorporeal membrane oxygenation support using an ECMO helmet.Intensive Care Med. 2014; 40: 1595-1597
- Artificial lung basics.Organogenesis. 2011; 7: 23-27
Madhani SP, Frankowski BJ, Federspiel WJ. Fiber bundle design for an integrated wearable artificial lung [e-pub ahead of print]. ASAIO J. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/MAT.0000000000000542. Accessed March 17, 2017.
Maquet HLS Set Advanced Flyer. https://www.maquet.com/int/products/hls-set-advanced/. Accessed January 19, 2017.
ISO 7199:2009. Cardiovascular implants and artificial organs—blood-gas exchangers (oxygenators); 2009.
ASTM F1841-97. Standard practice for assessment of hemolysis in continuous flow blood pumps; 2013.
- Contribution to the in vitro testing of pumps for extracorporeal circulation.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1967; 54: 22-29
- Blood trauma induced by clinically accepted oxygenators.ASAIO J. 2001; 47: 492-495
- A novel wearable pump-lung device: in vitro and acute in vivo study.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2012; 31: 101-105
- Design and in vitro assessment of an improved, low-resistance, compliant thoracic artificial lung.ASAIO J. 2012; 58: 583-589
- Hollow fiber membrane modification with functional zwitterionic macromolecules for improved thromboresistance in artificial lungs.Langmuir. 2015; 31: 2463-2471