- Task Force I: Listing Criteria for Heart Transplantation.
- Task Force II: Optimal Pharmacologic and Non-pharmacologic Management of Cardiac Transplant Candidates: Approaches to Be Considered Before Transplant Evaluation.
- Task Force III: Heart Rhythm Considerations in Heart Transplant Candidates and Considerations for Ventricular Assist Devices.
Classes of recommendation
- Class I: Conditions for which there is evidence and/or general agreement that a given procedure or treatment is beneficial, useful and effective.
- Class II: Conditions for which there is conflicting evidence and/or divergence of opinion about the usefulness/efficacy of a procedure or treatment.
- Class IIa: Weight of evidence/opinion is in favor of usefulness/efficacy.
- Class IIb: Usefulness/efficacy is less well established by evidence/opinion.
- Class III: Conditions for which there is evidence and/or general agreement that a procedure/treatment is not useful/effective and in some cases may be harmful.
Level of evidence
- Level of Evidence A: Data derived from multiple randomized clinical trials or meta-analyses.
- Level of Evidence B: Data derived from a single randomized trial, or non-randomized studies.
- Level of Evidence C: Only consensus opinion of experts, case studies or standard-of-care.
I. Task Force Members
II. Editorial Oversight Committee Members
III. Conflict of Interest Disclosures
- Mandeep R. Mehra, MD, has reported research support, consulting fees, or is a scientific advisory board member for Astellas, Roche, XDx, Inc., Novartis, Scios, Medtronic, Orqis, GSK and Cardiodynamics.
- Mariell Jessup, MD, has reported that she is on the speaker’s bureau or has served as a consultant or is on the scientific advisory board of GSK, Medtronic, ACORN and Ventracor.
- Edoardo Gronda, MD, has reported that he is on the speaker’s bureau or has served on the scientific advisory board of Guidant, Medtronic and Thoratec.
- Maria Rosa Costanzo, MD, has reported that she is on the speaker’s bureau or has served on the scientific advisory board of Medtronic, Scios and CHF Solutions. In addition, she has reported that she is a shareholder and holds stock in CHF Solutions.
Reprint requests: Amanda Rowe, Executive Director, ISHLT, 14673 Midway Road, Suite 200, Addison, TX 75001. E-mail: [email protected]