Two female patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension and a permanently implanted hemodynamic monitor changed treatment from inhaled iloprost to oral bosentan. The hemodynamic changes were seen very early after the first dose of bosentan and there was no need to re-establish inhaled iloprost.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Treatment of primary pulmonary hypertension with continuous intravenous prostacyclin (epoprostenol). Results of a randomized trial.Ann Intern Med. 1990; 112: 485-491
- Continuous ambulatory monitoring of absolute right ventricular pressure and mixed venous oxygen saturation in patients with heart failure using an implantable haemodynamic monitor. Results of a 1 year feasibility study.Eur Heart J. 2001; 22: 942-954
- Continuous ambulatory right heart pressure measurements with an implantable hemodynamic monitor.J Card Fail. 2002; 8: 63-70
- Measurement of pulmonary artery diastolic pressure from the right ventricle.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1995; 25: 1176-1182
- Monitoring of pulmonary arterial diastolic pressure through a right ventricular pressure transducer.J Card Fail. 1995; 1: 161-168
- Continuous hemodynamic monitoring in pulmonary hypertensive patients treated with inhaled iloprost.Chest. 2003; 124: 351-359
- Aerosolized prostacyclin and iloprost in severe pulmonary hypertension.Ann Intern Med. 1996; 124: 820-824
- Long-term treatment of pulmonary hypertension with aerosolized iloprost, a prostacyclin analogue.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 1866-1870
- N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 322-329
- Effects of iloprost inhalation on exercise capacity and ventilatory efficiency in patients with primary pulmonary hypertension.Circulation. 2000; 101: 2388-2392
- Effects of the dual endothelin-receptor antagonist bosentan in patients with pulmonary hypertension.Lancet. 2001; 358: 1119-1123
- Bosentan therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 896-903
© 2005 International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.