Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation
Toronto Lung Transplant Group. New Engl J Med 1986;314:1140–1.
- Surgical issues in lung transplantation.Mayo Clin Proc. 1997; 72: 79-84
Armitage P, Berry G. Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 3rd ed. Blackwell Scientific Publication: Oxford, 1994. pp. 422–36.
Ontario Dietetic Association Nutritional Care Manual, 6th ed. Ontario Hospital Association: Don Mills, Ontario, Canada, 1989, pp. 3–65.
- Nutritional and metabolic assessment of the hospitalized patient.J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 1977; 1: 11-22
- Nutritional assessment.Gastroenterol Clin North Am. 1998; 27: 347-369
Healthy Weight. A Resource Manual for Health Professionals. Canadian Dietetic Association, XXX, Ottawa, Canada, 1988.
Rippe J, Crossley M, Ringer R. Obesity as a chronic disease: modern medical and lifestyle management. J Am Diet Assoc 1998;98:S9–15.
- Summary and recommendations from the American Health Foundation’s Expert Panel on Healthy Weight.Am J Clin Nutr. 1996; 63: 474S-477S
Promoting Healthy Weights: A Discussion Paper. Cat. No. H39–131/1988E. Health Services and Promotion Branch, Health and Welfare Canada: XXX, Ottawa, Canada, 1988.
Position of the American Dietetic Association: weight management. American Dietetic Association. J Am Diet Assoc 1997;97:71–4.
- Incidence and recognition of malnutrition in hospital.BMJ. 1994; 308: 945-948
- Prognostic nutritional index in gastrointestinal surgery.Am J Surg. 1980; 139: 160-167
- A comparison of preoperative and postoperative nutritional states of lung transplant recipients.Transplantation. 1993; 56: 347-350
- Methods for the assessment of human body composition.Am J Clin Nutr. 1987; 46: 537-556
- New norms of upper limb fat and muscle areas for assessment of nutritional status.Am J Clin Nutr. 1981; 34: 2540-2543
- Respiratory insufficiency.Lancet. 1955; 1: 85-87
Renzetti AD, McClement JH, Litt BD. The Veterans Administration cooperative study of pulmonary function. Mortality in relation to respiratory function in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Med 1966;41:1115–29.
- The nutritional status of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1981; 124: 376-381
- Nutritional assessment of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and acute respiratory failure.Chest. 1982; 82: 568-571
Obenbrier DR, Irwin MN, Rogers RM. et al. Nutritional status and lung function in patients with emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Chest 1983;83:17–21.
- Nutritional intervention in malnourished patients with emphysema.Am Rev Resp Dis. 1986; 134: 672-679
- Nutrition in pulmonary emphysema.J Am Diet Assoc. 1964; 45: 530-536
- Three simple methods of detecting malnutrition on medical wards.J R Soc Med. 1996; 89: 144-148
- Weight changes in the terminal stages of chronic obstructive lung disease.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1976; 96: 556-565
- Body weight in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Am Rev Resp Dis. 1989; 139: 1435-1438
- Effect of immediate postoperative nutritional support on length of hospitalization.Ann Surg. 1986; 203: 236-239
Dempsey DT, Mullen JL, Buzby GP. The link between nutritional status and clinical outcome: can nutritional intervention modify it? Am J Clin Nutr 1988;47(suppl 2):352S–6S.
The Veterans Affairs Total Parenteral Nutrition Cooperative Study Group. Perioperative total parenteral nutrition in surgical patients. New Engl J Med 1991;325:525–32.
Baker J, Detsky A, Wesson D. et al. Nutritional assessment. A comparison of clinical judgment and objective measurements. New Engl J Med 1982;306:969–72.
Studley, H. Percentage of weight loss: a basic indicator of surgical risk in patients with chronic peptic ulcer. JAMA 1936;106:458–1.
- Nutritional problems of surgical patients.Ann NY Acad Sci. 1955; 63: 268-272
- Underweight patients and the risks of major surgery.World J Surg. 1993; 17: 165-172
- Benefits of immediate jejunostomy feeding after major abdominal trauma.J Trauma. 1986; 86: 874-879
- Hospital malnutrition.Am J Clin Nutr. 1979; 32: 418-426
- Prevalence of malnutrition in general medical patients.JAMA. 1976; 253: 1567-1570
Hill GL, Pickford I, Young GA et al. Malnutrition in surgical patients: an unrecognized problem. Lancet 1977;8013:689–92.
Bristran BR, Blackburn GL, Hallowell E, Melldle, R. Protein status of general surgical patients. JAMA 1977;230:858–60.
- Implications of malnutrition in the surgical patient.Arch Surg. 1979; 114: 121-125
- Perioperative risks and safety of surgery for severe obesity.Am J Clin Nutr. 1992; 55: 573S-576S
- The risks of surgery in obese patients.Ann Int Med. 1986; 104: 540-546
- Body mass index as a correlate of postoperative complications and resource utilization.JAMA. 1997; 102: 277-283
- Identification of high and low risk patients before liver transplantation.Hepatology. 1997; 25: 652-657
- Degree of preoperative malnutrition is predictive of postoperative morbidity and mortality in liver transplant recipients.Transplantation. 1994; 57: 469-472
- Nutritional status, ICU duration and ICU mortality in lung transplant recipients.Intensive Care Med. 1996; 22: 1179-1185
- Body mass index as a predictor of survival in adults with cystic fibrosis referred for lung transplantation.J Heart Lung Transplant. 1998; 17: 1097-1103
Wood DE, Raghu G. Lung Transplantation. Part II. Postoperative management and results. West J Med 1997;166:45–5.
Chaparro, C. Kesten S, Gutierrez, C. et al. Lung Transplantation for Cystic Fibrosis B. cepacia (BC) positive. Toronto Lung Transplant Experience. J Heart Lung Transplant 1997;16:abstract 231.
- Infections in patients with cystic fibrosis following lung transplantation.Chest. 1997; 112: 924-930
- Is obesity still a risk factor in renal transplantation?.Transplant Int. 1997; 10: 284-288
- Liver transplantation in the morbidly obese.J Clin Anesth. 1996; 8: 585-590
- Obesity as a risk factor after combined pancreas/kidney transplantation.Transplantation. 1995; 60: 1426-1430